Blotter: March 01, 2009
Man arrested in rollover
• After an accident investigation, Stephen Ludwig, 22, of Rifle, was arrested on suspicion of multiple offenses including vehicular homicide and child abuse, according to the Colorado State Patrol.
Ludwig rolled his vehicle Thursday night on Interstate 70 west of Parachute. His passenger, Diana L. Luttrall, 16, of Grand Junction, died at the scene.
Ludwig was booked into the Garfield County Jail. In addition to vehicular homicide and child abuse, he is also being held on suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol and reckless driving.
Cellphone fraud reported
• Someone might be unlawfully using a Mesa County resident’s name for cellular service, according to the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department. The suspect has charged more than $3,000 in services under the false name.
Local authorities were contacted by authorities in California in reference to the suspected fraud.
Deputy Patrick Arotin said, “People need to be aware that scams exist and not all can be traced. So, if something doesn’t seem right, don’t buy into it.”
3 booked after traffic stop
• Cocaine was found in the hidden compartments of a vehicle when a driver was pulled over for a traffic violation, which resulted in a triple arrest, according to the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department.
The driver, Omar Navarro, 28, was arrested on suspicion of criminal impersonation and was named in outstanding warrants. Pedro Rodriguez, 26, was arrested on suspicion of possessing a false ID. Consuelo Archuleta, 33, was arrested on suspicion of violating parole.
According to the Grand Junction Police Department:
• Luis Felix, 38, and Daniel Lopez, 28, were booked into the Mesa County Jail on suspicion of distributing methamphetamine.
• A burglar stole $700 worth of property from a residence in the 2300 block of First Street.
• Three vehicles at a residence on 25 1/2 Road were damaged, possibly by a BB gun. Damage was in excess of $1,000.
• Someone stole a vehicle from the 500 block of 25 1/2 Road.
• A fraudulent credit card was set up unlawfully with someone’s Social Security number.
• A business in the 300 block of South Ninth Street was damaged and property valued at $1,000 was stolen.
• Items valued at more than $1,000 were stolen from an unlocked vehicle parked on the 1000 block of Rico Court.
• Someone broke into a vehicle parked in the 900 block of Northern Way and stole items valued at more than $1,000.
• Two males threatened two people in the central part of the city.
According to the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department:
• A passenger window on a vehicle in the 2500 block of Rose Road was broken out, resulting in $250 of damage.
• Christopher Garcia, 34, and Terry Christensen, 42, were arrested in the 2700 block of Elm Avenue on suspicion of methamphetamine and drug paraphernalia possession.
• David M. Tuttle, 43, was arrested in the 2900 block of Orchard Avenue on suspicion of methamphetamine and drug paraphernalia possession.