Blotter: March 04, 2009
Lying to police alleged
• Two people were arrested on suspicion of giving false information to police to avoid being issued a ticket for theft, according to the Grand Junction Police Department.
Jose Esparza, 21, and Maria Morales, 21, allegedly stole property valued at less than $500 at in the 2500 block of Rimrock Avenue and then lied about their identities to the police.
3 accused of vandalism
• Three boys were arrested on suspicion of graffiti vandalism and trespassing Monday in the 400 block of Rood Avenue, according to the Grand Junction Police Department.
One boy also faces weapons charges of illegally concealing a weapon.
According to the Grand Junction Police Department:
• Jessica Winters, 18, and another girl were issued tickets Sunday on suspicion of shoplifting from Mesa Mall.
• A thief stole a car Monday from the 1800 block of North Avenue.
• An ATV valued at more than $1,000 was stolen Monday from the 300 block of 27 3/8 Road.
• A thief broke into a locked vehicle Monday causing less than $1,000 in damage and stole property valued at more than $1,000.
• A wallet was stolen Monday from the 700 block of Horizon Drive.
• A thief broke into a car Monday and stole property valued at less than $1,000.
• A car valued at less than $10,000 was stolen Monday from the 800 block of Grand Avenue.
• A bike valued at $1,000 was stolen Monday from the 2700 block of Cheyenne Drive.
• Caleb Burgesser, 18, was issued a ticket on suspicion of shoplifting at Mesa Mall.
• Someone drove recklessly Monday in a parking lot in the 2800 block of North Avenue and brandished a gun.
• More than $1,000 in damage was done Monday to a building in the 2700 block of North Avenue.
According to the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department:
• A thief stole a boat engine valued at $1,800 Monday from the 400 block of 32 Road.