Blotter: March 05, 2009
Men break in, start fight
• Two men broke into two vehicles and a residence and got into an altercation with people inside, according to the Grand Junction Police Department.
The incident happened in the 2600 block of Grand Vista Drive.
Once inside the residence, the men fought and pushed down two people who were living in the house.
An investigation continues.
• A 28-year-old man pointed an illegal handgun at two people from a vehicle in the area of 29 and Patterson roads, according to the Grand Junction Police Department.
Billy Joe Carmichael of Clifton, was arrested and booked into Mesa County Jail on suspicion of weapon possession by a previous offender, menacing and possession of an illegal weapon, a misdemeanor.
According to the Grand Junction Police Department:
• A vehicle was reported stolen from the 400 block of Fourth Street.
• Someone stole $2,000 in cash from a business in the 1700 block of North Avenue.
• Tamara Cisneros, 45, was issued a summonses on suspicion of obstructing police officers in the 800 block of Independent Avenue.
• Joshua David Larsen, 25, of Grand Junction, was booked into Mesa County Jail on suspicion of burglary, theft, drug and drug paraphernalia possession, trespassing and criminal mischief.
According to the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department:
• A lost license plate was reported from the 3200 block of F Road.
According to the Fruita Police Department:
• Isabel Jesus Chavarria, 34, of Fruita, was booked into Mesa County Jail on suspicion of assaulting a peace officer, resisting arrest, menacing, criminal mischief and probation violation.