Blotter: March 07, 2009
Illegal handgun suspected
• After an investigation, officers with the Grand Junction Police Department alleged Billy Carmichael, 28, was riding in a vehicle when he pointed a handgun at two people in the area of 29 and Patterson roads, according to the department.
Carmichael, who was also suspected of illegal possession of a weapon, was arrested and booked Tuesday into Mesa County Jail in connection with the allegations.
Boy hurt in Fruita fight
• A boy was taken to a hospital after being cut in a fight by another boy Friday afternoon in downtown Fruita, police said.
Officers detained a suspect and were questioning him about the incident that occurred at 5 p.m., said Sgt. Kevin Paquette of the Fruita Police Department.
The boy was cut on the face with a sharp object in the 400 block of North Mesa Street. “(The boy) is not facing any life-threatening injuries,” Paquette said.
According to the Grand Junction Police Department:
• A thief stole a watch from a locker Thursday in the 2700 block of Compass Drive.
• Nicholas Guzman, 18, was arrested Thursday night in the 1200 block of Ouray Avenue on suspicion of discharging a BB gun in the city limits and possessing marijuana.
• Melanie Ann Sale, 21, 2966 1/2 Sandra Ave., was arrested Thursday and booked into Mesa County Jail on suspicion of drug possession, a bail bond violation and possession of drug paraphernalia.
• Patrick Hall, 22, received a summons Feb. 27 on suspicion of giving alcohol to nine teenagers. Six male juveniles and one female juvenile received summonses alleging possession of alcohol in the 400 block of Teller Avenue.
According to the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department:
• Richard Cohee Jr., 52, was arrested and booked into Mesa County Jail on Thursday on suspicion of drunken driving after he was parked at a school bus stop and repeatedly attempted to walk away from deputies.