Blotter: March 08, 2009
Man accused of gun theft
• Travis Collings, 30, was arrested Thursday in the 400 block of Pitkin Avenue on suspicion of stealing a gun from A Pawn Shop, 353 Pitkin Ave., and resisting arrest when officers contacted him, according to the Grand Junction Police Department.
Principal reports dealer
• Grand Mesa Middle School’s principal advised deputies Friday that a man was trying to sell students marijuana in the 500 block of 31 1/2 Road, according to the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department. The suspect left on foot and is described as an 18-year-old, white man wearing a red jacket, blue jeans and Nike shoes.
According to the Grand Junction Police Department:
• Two glass doors were broken Thursday in the 500 block of 28 1/4 Road, causing more than $1,000 in damage.
• A vehicle valued at less than $1,000 was stolen Friday from Grand Avenue and 27th Street.
• Someone cut through a chain-link fence Friday to gain entrance to a business in the 600 block of South 12th Street and stole items valued at more than $1,000.
• A financial device was stolen Friday in the 2400 block of F Road, causing the owner a loss of more than $1,000.
According to the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department:
• Approximately $3,000 in damage was done Friday to a home in the 400 block of Meadowlark Way.
• Someone used a rock to break a window in the 500 block of 29 Road, causing approximately $500 damage.
• A back window of a vehicle was broken by a brick in the 400 block of 30 1/2 Road, causing $300 damage.
• Deputies on Friday recovered a vehicle that had been reported stolen Tuesday. The vehicle was in the 800 block of 21 Road, parked at a vacant residence.