Blotter: march 23, 2009
Underage drinking alleged
• Grand Junction police officers cracking down on underage drinkers cited a number of minors early Sunday morning on suspicion of being in possession of alcohol.
Just after midnight, officers cited a 16-year-old boy in the 800 block of North Avenue for allegedly having alcohol. At about 1:30 a.m., officers cited two 17-year-olds for allegedly having alcohol in the 1200 block of Texas Avenue.
At 2 a.m., officers cited five more minors for allegedly having alcohol at 1234 Texas Ave. Those cited were: Elizabeth Atkinson, 20; Matthew Carlisle, 20; Ryan Klippert, 20; William Redman, 20, and Nicholas Witham, 20, according to the Grand Junction Police Department.
According to the Grand Junction Police Department:
• Andrew Philip Johnson, 19, 243 Beaver St., on Sunday morning was arrested and booked into Mesa County Jail on suspicion of three counts each of first-degree trespass on a vehicle, theft of less than $500, identity theft and possession of a financial device and on one count of contributing to the delinquency of a minor.
• Daniel Lopez, 43, was arrested at 2680 B 1/2 Road and booked into Mesa County Jail on Friday on suspicion of possession of drugs and second-degree trespass.
• Ronnie L. Barrett, 51, received a summons on suspicion of causing a public disturbance at 648 Market St.
• Christopher Dolan, 22, was arrested and booked into Mesa County Jail on Saturday on suspicion of obstructing police during an investigation, resisting arrest and causing damages of less than $1,000 to city property at 1212 North Ave.
Jordan Gabriel, 23, received a summons on suspicion of interfering with police at the same location.
According to the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department:
• Matthew Frank Daly, 27, 3207 1/2 Bunting Ave., on Saturday night was arrested and booked into Mesa County Jail on suspicion of failing to register as a sex offender and first-degree forgery.
• Gabriel Garcia, 19, 2970 1/2 Parkway Drive, early Sunday morning was arrested and booked into Mesa County Jail on suspicion of possession of a forged instrument, driving while his license was suspended and a lane change violation.