Blotter: March 27, 2009
Man accused of stalking
• Dustin Wayne Bowers, 28, was arrested Wednesday by the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department on suspicion of felony stalking. According to deputies, Bowers contacted an individual who had a restraining order against him by attempting to communicate with the individual on MySpace, a social networking site. The restraining order said Bowers was not to attempt communication whether personal, written or by telephone with the individual. Deputies say this includes contact through the Internet, including MySpace.
According to the Grand Junction Police Department:
• Lucas Doyle, 51, was arrested March 19 on suspicion of trespassing in the 2700 block of G Road.
• More than $1,000 in damage was caused to a vehicle by two juveniles in the 700 block of Horizon Drive on March 20.
• A vehicle valued at less than $20,000 was borrowed Wednesday and not returned to its owner in the 800 block of Independent Avenue.
• A home was broken into Wednesday in the 2400 block of Sandridge Court.
According to the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department:
• An unlocked vehicle had $200 of property stolen from it Wednesday in the 2200 block of Village Court.
According to the Garfield County Sheriff’s Department:
• A homemade go-kart valued at less than $500 was stolen from an enclosed yard Monday in the Battlement Mesa area.
• Kris Allen Gray, 43, was arrested Monday on suspicion of child abuse in the Battlement Mesa area.
• A CDOT vehicle in a barn in Parachute was entered Tuesday and items valued between $1,000 and $20,000 were taken.
• The tailgate of a pickup was stolen overnight Monday in the Glenwood Springs area.
• Andrea Laine Thurber was arrested on suspicion of stealing a car registered in California on Wednesday.
• Approximately $5,000 worth of tools were stolen from a locked trailer on a construction site overnight Tuesday outside of Rifle.