Blotter: March 31, 2009
Stabbing victim in hospital
• A man who was stabbed during a fight at about 7:30 p.m. in a Pear Park neighborhood on Sunday night remains in a local hospital with serious injuries, according to the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department. The man’s name and details of the incident have not been released. The man was taken via a personal vehicle to a hospital after being stabbed in the 3000 block of Eaglewood Court, the Sheriff’s Department said in a press release.
According to the Grand Junction Police Department:
• Four men cashed stolen payroll checks on Friday at a local bank and received about $1,500.
• An elderly woman reported on Saturday that she had lost more than $1,000 after sending money by wire transfer to locations across the country. The woman told police she had been told she won several million dollars through a phone scam based in Jamaica.
• Items valued at more than $1,000 were stolen out of motel room and a sex assault may have occurred at the same time Saturday night when the person who purchased the room had passed out.
• Darien Harlan, 19, and Lucas Schlaefer, 19, both received summonses Saturday for allegedly shoplifting at Wal-Mart at 2545 Rimrock Drive.
• A person was pulled over a fence and was hit in the head and face, losing a tooth and having to get stitches during a Sunday incident.
• A vehicle valued at less than $1,000 was stolen Sunday in the 1800 block of David Street.
• Katherine Beyerbach, 40, received a summons Sunday for allegedly shoplifting items valued at less than $500 at Wal-Mart at 2545 Rimrock Drive.
• An elderly woman reported Sunday that she had been sexually assaulted in the northeastern section of the city.
• Christopher Field, 24, received a summons Sunday at Whiskey River, 490 28 1/4 Road, after allegedly drinking too much, refusing to leave and hitting an employee, causing minor pain.
According to the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department:
• Deputies received a report Sunday that someone was trespassing in the 500 block of Preserve Lane, dumping construction trash. The subjects were confronted and picked up the trash.
• About a dozen solar yard lights valued at about $90 were stolen in the 31000 block of Stonetree Lane sometime between Wednesday and Friday.
• A vandal caused damage valued at $800 to a vehicle parked in the 2500 block of G 3/8 Road.
• Someone added extra inserts and possibly has been stealing mail from a mailbox in the 2900 block of F Road.