Blotter: May 01, 2009
Vehicle break-ins reported
• The Eagle County Sheriff’s Department reminds drivers to lock their vehicles after six break-ins were reported in Edwards Wednesday night and Thursday morning. All of the vehicles were parked unlocked in residential areas.
Authorities encouraged anyone with information on possible suspects to call crime stoppers at 328-7007.
Vehicle-theft suspect booked
• John Wilson, 30, was arrested by the Grand Junction Police Department near Mesa Mall on Wednesday on suspicion of aggravated motor vehicle theft, property damage greater than $1,000 and theft of motor vehicle license plates.
According to the Grand Junction Police Department:
• Christopher Boje, 34, was arrested April 24 on suspicion of distribution of schedule II narcotics on Interstate 70 at mile marker eight.
• A home in the 1400 block of North First Street was broken into Tuesday, causing less than $1,000 in damages, and items valued at more than $1,000 were taken from the premise.
• A large air compressor, valued at less than $20,000 was taken Wednesday from the area of 12th Street and Walnut Avenue.
• Merchandise valued at more than $1,000 was stolen Wednesday from a business in the 700 block of 26 Road.