Blotter: May 02, 2009
Suspected pot leads to arrest
Two men were arrested on felony drug charges early Friday morning after a Western Colorado Drug Task Force officer stopped their vehicle on Interstate 70 and found several pounds of suspected marijuana.
Terrell Meeks, 33, and Jose Clark, 47, were booked into the Mesa County Jail on suspicion of possession with intent to distribute marijuana after the officer stopped them on I-70 at the Loma interchange. Jail reports didn’t list the men’s hometowns.
According to the Grand Junction Police Department:
• Valentina Whyte Begay, 44, 585 25 1/2 Road, No. 122, was arrested at her home Thursday on suspicion of felony criminal mischief after she allegedly damaged property valued at more than $1,000.
• Fanchon Sativa LaFaver, 22, address unknown, was arrested in the area of 30 and E roads on Thursday after he was found to have an active warrant and in possession of suspected methamphetamine and drug paraphernalia.
• Someone broke into a vehicle in the 2900 block of Paula Lane on Thursday and stole items valued at more than $1,000.
According to the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department:
• Austin James Schell, 24, of Craig was arrested Thursday on a warrant on suspicion of theft of more than $20,000 and theft by receiving more than $20,000.
• A man living in the 400 block of Ridge Trail reported Thursday that someone stole a handgun from his vehicle.