Blotter: May 04, 2009
Utility trailer thief sought
• Crime Stoppers of Mesa County is looking for information about the person who stole a utility trailer from the 900 block of Belford Avenue last month.
Police say the trailer was stolen in the early morning hours of April 13. About $8,000 worth of construction equipment was stolen before the trailer was burned in the desert north of Grand Junction.
Anyone with information can anonymously call Crime Stoppers at 241-7867 or (800) 221-7867, text “TIP729” to 274637 or send a tip on the Web to http://www.241STOP.com.
According to the Grand Junction Police Department:
• Anna E. Daggs, 32, address unknown, was issued a summons Saturday on suspicion of stealing less than $500 in merchandise from Wal-Mart, 2545 Rimrock Ave.
• A counterfeit $10 bill was passed Saturday at a business at 12th Street and Orchard Avenue.
• Two 12-year-old girls were issued summonses Friday on suspicion of stealing less than $1,000 in merchandise from Kohl’s, 636 Market St.
According to the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department:
• A vandal caused an estimated $500 in damage to a vehicle in the 3200 block of White Avenue on Saturday.
• A man living in the 500 block of East Greenfield Circle reported Saturday that someone stole a car stereo valued at $180 from his unlocked vehicle.
According to the Palisade Police Department:
• Kelley Derrel Smith, 29, 317 W. Eighth St., No. 17, was arrested Saturday on a warrant on suspicion of theft by receiving items valued at $1,000 to $20,000 and theft of less than $500.