Blotter: May 05, 2009
Accidental shooting probed
• Mesa County Sheriff’s deputies, the Colorado State Patrol and Collbran Marshal’s Office are investigating a reported accidental shooting that happened Monday afternoon at 11259 48 1/4 Road in Mesa. According to 911 dispatch traffic, a man accidentally shot himself in the shoulder with a rifle around 3:30 p.m.
The man was transported via ambulance to St. Mary’s Hospital. His condition was unknown.
According to the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department:
• Deputies were called Sunday on a report from a woman who said an unknown individual had placed objects from a neighbor’s yard into her son’s bedroom in the 2700 block of Monroe Court.
• Someone stole a bicycle valued at $480 from the 3200 block of Interstate 70B.
• Someone on Sunday removed property valued at more than $1,000 from a home in the 400 block of Bing Street.
• Deputies received a report Sunday from a woman who said a sandwich had been smeared on the windshield and a door handle of her car.
• Someone on Sunday stole two bicycles worth about $360 in total from an open garage in the 500 block of Eastbrook Street.
• Search and rescue volunteers were called out Sunday to Mary’s Loop trail after a man reportedly crashed his mountain bike and fell off a 20-foot cliff.
The Grand Junction Police Department did not distribute a patrol resume on Monday.