Blotter: May 06, 2009
Arrest made in fatal crash
• Bond has been set at $60,000 for a Colorado man who allegedly was drinking and driving when his vehicle rolled on Friday near Crawford killing his passenger.
Timothy Peterson, 39, of Lewis was arrested on suspicion of vehicular homicide and driving under the influence of alcohol, among other charges in the death of William Studebaker, 61. Peterson was intoxicated when he rolled his vehicle near Crawford, according to the Colorado State Patrol.
Parties result in tickets
• Grand Junction police officers broke up two house parties and issued numerous summonses to alleged underage drinkers Friday night. Tonya Chervenicky, 19; Thomas Garner, 18; James Martin, 19, and Jeralyn Robison, 20, were issued summonses for being minors in possession of alcohol at a home at 854 Bunting Ave. Rebecca Burgess, 19; Misha Garcia, 19; Claire Meil, 19; and Samantha Straw, 20; were issued summonses for being minors in possession of alcohol at a home at 1201 North Ave. Additionally, Ricardo Lobatos, 21; Joshua Padilla, 22; Ryan Polosky, 22; and Jennifer Wehkamp, 23; were issued summonses at that address for indecent exposure by urinating in public, according to the Grand Junction Police Department.
According to the Grand Junction Police Department:
• Jamel Edwada Scott, 30, on Monday night was arrested and booked into Mesa County Jail on suspicion of third-degree assault and criminal mischief.
• Santana Marie Chihocky, 32, 1228 Texas Ave. on Monday, was arrested and booked into Mesa County Jail on suspicion of drug possession,
• Jerry Lee Stomberg, 43, 2857 Belford Ave. was arrested Monday and booked into Mesa County Jail on suspicion of drug possession, introducing contraband into the jail, and petty counts of possession of drug paraphernalia and possession marijuana.
• Michael Phillip Livingston, 19, and Brittany Nicole Davidson, 18, were both arrested Monday and booked into Mesa County Jail on suspicion of misdemeanor charges of third-degree assault, harassment and criminal mischief.
• Someone broke windows on five vehicles that were parked in the 2000 block of North 10th Street on Monday.
According to the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department:
• Alexis Michelle Collins, 27, was arrested Monday and booked into Mesa County Jail on suspicion of third-degree assault and menacing.
• Larry Dean Staats, 47, was arrested Monday and booked into Mesa County Jail on suspicion of misdemeanor charges of harassment and obstruction of a telephone service.
According to the Delta Police Department:
• Tools and fencing materials valued at $1,400 were taken Friday from the bed of a pickup.
• Three snowboards valued at less than $1,000 were taken Friday from a shed.