Blotter: May 11, 2009
Teen, 19, booked at party
• Mesa County sheriff’s deputies arrested a 19-year-old man on suspicion of drug possession after responding to a complaint about a party early Saturday morning at 19461 Little Park Road.
Stormy Taylor, 3238 1/2 Sun Ray Road, was arrested on suspicion of felony drug possession, three misdemeanor counts of marijuana possession, possession of drug paraphernalia and being a minor in possession of alcohol, according to the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department.
A neighbor complained that underage teens were drinking alcoholic beverages around a bonfire and shooting a shotgun, the Sheriff’s Department said. As deputies drove up, the teens around the fire fled.
Deputies looked inside a vehicle, saw a baggie with a green substance that was suspected to be marijuana and searched the car, the arrest affidavit said. Deputies found another baggie with white residue that was suspected to be methamphetamine, the affidavit said.
According to the Grand Junction Police Department:
• A 2007 Honda CRF 450R dirt bike valued at more than $1,000 was stolen Saturday from a carport on North Eighth Street.
• Someone reported that an adult male sexually assaulted a child in the northeast portion of the city.
According to the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department:
• A go-kart valued at $400 was stolen Saturday from an unlocked garage in the 2900 block of El Toro Road.
• A GPS system and satellite radio were taken Saturday a vehicle parked in the 3100 block of Sharptail Road.
According to the Fruita Police Department:
• Marina Merino-Conception, 38, and Alberto Morales-Moso, 35, who share the same address in Moab, Utah, were booked into Mesa County Jail on Saturday on suspicion of first-degree forgery.