Blotter: may 15, 2009
Vehicle taken from garage
• A vehicle valued at more than $20,000 was stolen Tuesday from the garage of a residence in the 2800 block of Hawthorne Avenue, according to the Grand Junction Police Department.
• Rachel Leigh Call, 22, was arrested on suspicion of breaking into a home and physically harassing the owner in the 2800 block of North Avenue on Wednesday, according to Grand Junction police. She was booked into Mesa County Jail.
According to the Grand Junction Police Department:
• A business in the 200 block of West Grand Avenue lost more than $1,000 on Wednesday when an unidentified person fraudulently used the identity of another person in order to receive money from the business.
• Jewelry valued at more than $1,000 was stolen Tuesday in the 400 block of Shadow Rock Court.
• Property valued at more than $1,000 was taken Tuesday from a residence in the 800 block of North Fifth Street.
• Items valued at less than $1,000 were stolen Wednesday from an unlocked vehicle parked in the 600 block of West Indian Creek Drive.
• Property valued at less than $500 was stolen Wednesday in the 700 block of Horizon Drive.
• Timothy G. Kowalchik, 44, was arrested in the 400 block of Pitkin Avenue on Wednesday on suspicion of harassment and criminal mischief after police say he caused damage at less than $1,000 to a victim’s property.
According to the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department:
• A workbag that had a planner and documents containing personal information, with an estimated value of $80, was stolen Wednesday from an unlocked vehicle in the 500 block of Village Way.