Blotter: May 19, 2009
Man dies in raft accident
• A 37-year-old Nederland man drowned Saturday while rafting on the Colorado River in Utah, according to the National Park Service. Michael Gregory Don Carlos was rafting with friends in Cataract Canyon at a set of rapids known as Big Drop 2 when he was thrown from his boat into the rapids. Carlos’ body was recovered from the accident site, the Park Service said.
Glade Park home burns
• Firefighters battled a blaze Monday that spread to some trees and bushes after a trailer home off 21.5 Road on Glade Park burned. According to scanner reports, the American Red Cross was called in to assist a woman and several children.
According to the Grand Junction Police Department:
• Marco Weber, 54, received a citation Friday for allegedly burning without a permit in the 2100 block of South Broadway.
• Damages of less than $500 were caused when someone entered two vehicles in the 1200 block of Pitkin Avenue on Saturday.
• Someone entered and attempted to steal a vehicle parked in the 3600 block of Ponderosa Way on Sunday.
• Someone used a rock to cause damages valued at more than $1,000 to a car parked in the 2700 block of Crossroads Boulevard on Sunday.
According to the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department:
• A bicycle valued at $300 was taken Sunday from a yard in the 500 block of Sara Lane.
• A back window was broken out of a van Sunday in the 3200 block of E Road.
According to the Fruita Police Department:
• Roy Daniel Kareus, 48, 652 24 1/2 Road was arrested and booked into Mesa County Jail on suspicion of felony menacing.