Blotter: May 21, 2009
Sex assault on girl reported
• Three men allegedly sexually assaulted a juvenile girl in the northeast part of Grand Junction, according to the Grand Junction Police Department.
The report was taken Tuesday. No arrests have been made, and the investigation is ongoing.
Golf cart reported stolen
• Crime Stoppers is asking for help in finding the person or people who stole a golf cart and its accessories.
On April 10, a black golf cart with gold pinstripes was stolen from 710 Putter Drive.
Also on the golf cart was a dash-mounted GPS docking station, an electric charger for the cart and a cover and windshield, according to Grand Junction police.
Anyone with information about this crime can call Crime Stoppers at 241-7867 or 800-221-7867. Calls are anonymous.
According to the Grand Junction Police Department:
• Vikki Joann Hensley, 28, 655 Carpenter St. in Delta, was arrested Tuesday on suspicion of identity theft and theft of less than $500 after police said she stole a woman’s purse and used the woman’s credit card to purchase cigarettes and gasoline before trying to return the credit card.
• Someone stole a golf cart valued at more than $1,000 on Tuesday from the 3600 block of Bell Court.
• Someone entered an unlocked vehicle parked in the 200 block of West Parkview Drive on Tuesday. Property valued at less than $500 was stolen and more than $1,000 in damage was done to the vehicle.
• Someone vandalized a parked vehicle in the 400 block of Pleasant Hollow Court on Tuesday, causing damage valued at more than $1,000.
According to the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department:
• Jonathan Bradley Owen, 22, 2915 Orchard Ave., was arrested Tuesday on suspicion of possession of a controlled substance and possession of drug paraphernalia.
• A woman reported Tuesday that a rock was thrown through the front window of her home in the 2100 block of Desert Hills Road, causing damage valued at $200.