Blotter: May 23, 2009
Drug possession suspected
• Grand Junction police arrested Jose Rivas-Quinterso, 36, on Wednesday on suspicion of possession with the intent to distribute a controlled substance in the area of 29 1/2 Road and Orchard Avenue.
Man in hospital after fight
• One man was taken to Community Hospital late Thursday with several injuries to his face after he and another man got in a fight at Lincoln Park earlier that night.
The Grand Junction Police Department spoke with the victim at the hospital early Friday and said it believes no weapons were used in the incident. No arrests have been made in the case.
According to the Grand Junction Police Department:
• A 15-year-old girl was arrested May 5 on suspicion of first-degree criminal trespass and theft of items valued at less than $1,000 in the 1300 block of East Sherwood Drive. She was released into the custody of her family.
• Items valued at more than $1,000 were taken from a residence Wednesday in the 600 block of Second Street. Damage from the break-in was estimated at less than $1,000.
• Items valued at more than $1,000 were taken Thursday from a vehicle parked in the 2000 block of Wrangler Court.
According to the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department:
• Items valued at approximately $1,400 were stolen from a vehicle in the 3200 block of the Interstate 70 Business Loop.