Blotter: May 27, 2009
Four accused of stealing beer kegs from restaurant
• Two men and two women apparently wanted to get a jump on Memorial Day partying when they were caught by police with stolen kegs of beer from a local restaurant, according to the Grand Junction Police Department.
Christopher Barnett, 38; Steven Spoores, Jr., 32; Kristin Brooks, 38; and Starla Randall, 29; all were arrested and booked into Mesa County Jail on suspicion of second-degree burglary and possession of burglary tools, among other charges, after a vehicle they were in was pulled over by police officer just before 4 a.m. Sunday.
Police said they saw five kegs of beer in the vehicle and more than five cases of beer in the vehicle that were labeled Breckenridge Ale House.
An employee at the Breckenridge Ale House, 2531, North 12th St., confirmed that a lock had been broken off a cooler and kegs stolen, according to an arrest affidavit.
According to the Grand Junction Police Department:
• Charles Smith, 19, and Shannon Townsend, 21, were issued summonses Saturday for allegedly stealing city-owned items from 636 Market St.
• Trista Blackmore, 19, was arrested and booked into Mesa County Jail on Sunday on suspicion of first-degree criminal trespass and criminal trespass for allegedly entering a home and causing less than $500 in damage.
• Someone caused more than $1,000 in damage Monday to a garage door at a home in the 800 block of Glenwood Ave.
According to the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department:
• A woman in the 200 block of 28 3/4 Road told police someone threw eggs in her yard on Monday.