Blotter: May 30, 2009
Jumper still critical
• A man who jumped off the roof of a Main Street bicycle shop Wednesday as police tried to contact him remained hospitalized Friday in critical condition, Grand Junction police spokeswoman Kate Porras said.
The man, whose name police are declining to release, suffered head injuries after falling three floors to the sidewalk in front of Ruby Canyon Cycles, 301 Main St. A security guard downtown called police around
3 a.m. Wednesday and reported seeing a man climb a roof-access ladder on the back side of Ruby Canyon.
Police said the man may have been trying to jump into or grab onto a tree.
According to the Grand Junction Police Department:
• More than $1,000 in cash was reported missing Wednesday from Burger King, 582 24 1/2 Road.
• John Erwin Lusch, 53, address unknown, was arrested Thursday on suspicion of third-degree trespassing and criminal mischief, after damaging unspecified property.
• A burglar broke into a home Thursday in the 300 block of Rimrock Court and stole items valued at less than $1,000.
• Daniel Hansen, 46, address unknown, was issued a summons Thursday on suspicion of shoving a woman and causing minor injury at 1600 North Ave.
According to the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department:
• A woman reported Thursday that various property, including her purse, was stolen from a shelter in the Connected Lakes section of Colorado River State Park. The loss was about $350 in credit cards, documents and identifying information.
• A child’s bicycle was reported stolen Thursday from the front porch of a home in the 400 block of Meadowlark Way in Clifton.