Blotter: November 01, 2008
Driver allegedly pulls gun
• Deputies from the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department responded to a possible road rage incident Friday morning in De Beque.
The driver of a black four-door Dodge Ram truck pulled alongside the driver of another truck who was fueling his vehicle at a 24-hour gas station. The driver of the black truck allegedly pointed a handgun at the other driver, according to emergency dispatch reports.
The two trucks stayed on the scene until deputies arrived.
Sheriff’s spokeswoman Heather Benjamin said the incident started as road rage.
No arrests were made, she said.
According to the Grand Junction Police Department:
• Items valued at more than $1,000 were taken from an unlocked truck parked in the 700 block of 22 Road.
• Items valued at more than $1,000 were taken from a vehicle parked in the 2100 block of Kennedy Avenue.
• Items valued at more than $1,000 were taken from the 2800 block of Printers Way.
• Harassing text messages were sent to a person who lives in the 1400 block of Kennedy Avenue.
• A girl was allegedly sexually assaulted in the south section of Grand Junction.
According to the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department:
• Amanda Jo Hollos, 26, 280 Arlington Drive, was arrested on suspicion of drug possession, possession of drug paraphernalia and being a fugitive from another jurisdiction.
• Property valued at about $350 was taken from a vehicle parked in the 2900 block of B Road.