Blotter: November 03, 2008
Man arrested after chase
• A Grand Junction man was arrested early Sunday morning after he allegedly eluded troopers who attempted to stop him for traffic violations in a vehicle on Orchard Mesa, the Colorado State Patrol reported.
Uriel Ayala-Proano, 28, 480 28 1/4 Road, was arrested on B 1/2 Road near U.S. Highway 50 around 1:10 a.m.
He was jailed on suspicion of vehicular eluding, driving under the influence of alcohol, reckless driving, speeding, driving under restraint, not wearing a seat belt and no proof of insurance.
According to the Grand Junction Police Department:
• Alicia Marie Jirik, 30, 140 Ouray Ave., No. C, was arrested early Sunday morning after she allegedly ran from officers and resisted arrest when they attempted to contact her at home in reference to a domestic-violence investigation. She was jailed on suspicion of obstructing a peace officer, third-degree assault and criminal mischief.
• Casey Peed, 22, address unknown, was issued a summons Saturday after he allegedly defaced property in the 800 block of South Seventh Street, causing less than $500 in damage.
According to the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department:
• Michael Haley, 36, address unknown, was issued a summons Saturday on suspicion of criminal mischief after he reportedly damaged a car door in the 500 block of 28 3/4 Road.
• A man reported Saturday that someone caused $100 in damage to a vehicle in the 500 block of Ronlin Street.