Blotter: November 04, 2008
Robbery suspect sought
• The Mesa County Sheriff’s Department is asking for the public’s help to solve a strong-arm robbery.
A juvenile was robbed of his backpack in the restroom of the McDonald’s restaurant in Clifton the afternoon of Sept. 15, deputies said.
The robber is described as a white or Hispanic man in his late teens to mid-20s, medium height and a slim build.
Anyone with information is asked to call sheriff’s investigators at 244-3264 or Crime Stoppers at 241-7867.
Man accused of bigamy
• A man yet to be identified by police is suspected of both altering his identification to gain employment and marrying a woman while he was still married to another, according to the Grand Junction Police Department. The man is suspected of both forgery and bigamy.
Police said they would release more details about the case later in the week.
According to the Grand Junction Police Department:
• Edward Watkinson, 35, was issued a summons for disorderly conduct and for possessing drugs.
• Billy Little, 25, was issued a summons on suspicion of careless driving and for failing to remain at the scene of an accident, driving a vehicle not equipped with an interlock device, a restraining order violation and possession of drug paraphernalia.
• A vandal caused damages of more than $1,000 to property at 3090 N. 12th St., Unit A.
• Police responded to a report of robbery and assault on a victim at 2848 North Ave., which caused serious bodily injury.
• Strattyn Speakman, 19, was issued a summons on suspicion of shoplifting at 2545 Rimrock Ave.
• Someone stole a car from 401 30 Road. The case is under investigation.
• Honey Ann Howell, 38, 1610 Elm St., was arrested on suspicion of aggravated motor vehicle theft, theft from auto, and driving under revocation at 1610 Elm Ave., Unit B.
• Audrie Steele, 24, was arrested at 2210 U.S. Highway 6&50 after she returned to the business and damaged property after being told to leave. Damages are estimated at less than $1,000.
According to the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department:
• Karen Ruth Drapeau, 22, of Whitewater, was arrested on suspicion of auto theft, contempt of court and a warrant.
• Terri Lynn Gagliardi, 27, 2800 Riverside Parkway, was arrested on suspicion of two counts of assaulting a peace officer, menacing with a deadly weapon, third degree assault, obstructing an officer or a fireman, harassment and criminal mischief.