Blotter: November 06, 2008
Assault suspect sought
A man tried to grab and assault a girl Aug. 13 while she played outside her apartment at 2680 B 1/2 Rd.
Crime Stoppers is looking for anyone with information about the man, who is described as clean-shaven, white or Hispanic, with dark skin and short black and gray hair. The man was wearing a brown shirt, blue jeans and brown work boots at the time of the attempted assault.
Anyone with information about the incident can anonymously call Crime Stoppers at 241-7867 or 1-800-221-7867.
Pair suspected of theft
• Two people were arrested Tuesday because they were named in warrants and on suspicion of other offenses including theft by receiving, criminal impersonation and drug violations, according to the Grand Junction Police Department.
Rusty Largent, 20, Paonia, was arrested on suspicion of theft by receiving, possessing a financial device, criminal impersonation and possessing altered identification.
Jennifer McCracken, 27, Delta, was arrested on suspicion of theft by receiving, possessing a financial device, possession of a controlled substance and possession of drug paraphernalia.
Stephanie Hutchings, 22, was also arrested on an active warrant.
Cocaine seller sentenced
• A Mesa County man was sentenced to three and one-half years in federal prison after being caught by law enforcement selling cocaine at a fast-food restaurant in Clifton, according the U.S. Attorney’s Office.
Isaac Pena-Rascon, 24, was arrested by federal authorities after a Feb. 19 meeting when he attempted to sell a person 6.6 pounds of cocaine. A case is pending against a co-defendant in the case, said Cesar Armando Perez-Coronel of the U.S. Attorney’s Office.
According to the Grand Junction Police Department:
• Someone broke into a home Saturday in the 700 block of 26 Road and stole property valued at more than $1,000.
• A 15-year-old girl was arrested Monday on suspicion of distributing a schedule II drug at Independence Academy.
• Someone broke into a room Sunday at Mesa State College and stole property valued at more than $1,000.
• Brandon Fox, 23, was arrested Monday at the Kum and Go in Meeker on suspicion of aiding the escape of a felon in Grand Junction.
• Ashley Blair, 20, and another girl were issued tickets Monday alleging they shoplifted at 2545 Rimrock Ave.
• Someone broke into a room Monday at Mesa State College and stole property valued at less than $1,000.
• James Sanchez, 58, was issued a ticket Tuesday alleging he shoplifted at 200 Rood Ave.
• A 15-year-old girl was issued a ticket alleging she shoplifted Tuesday at 636 Market St.