Blotter: November 07, 2008
Unattended death probed
• The Mesa County Sheriff’s Department and the Mesa County Coroner’s Office are investigating an unattended death at a hunting camp in the southern part of Mesa County on the Uncompahgre Plateau.
Heather Benjamin, spokeswoman for the Sheriff’s Department, said the death does not appear suspicious, but they are awaiting an official report from the coroner.
Drug possession alleged
• Travis Darren Place, 26, 704 Horizon Drive, was arrested late Wednesday night on suspicion of methamphetamine possession and a slew of related charges after officers from the Grand Junction Police Department contacted him in the 1300 block of North 15th Street.
According to Police Department reports, Place was first contacted during a routine traffic stop.
The driver of the car, Kelsie Moore, 24, of Grand Junction, was issued a summons on suspicion of driving with a revoked license.
Place was booked into the Mesa County Jail early Thursday morning.
According to the Grand Junction Police Department:
• Maurice Lajuan Thompson, 32, homeless, and Andrea Jeanette Thompson, 37, of Delta, were both arrested Wednesday morning after officers discovered they had warrants out for their arrests. Both were booked into the Mesa County Jail later that day.
• Someone tried to break into a home in the 300 block of Music Lane early Wednesday morning.
• A thief stole a car valued at more than $20,000 from a home in the 2800 block of H Road.
According to the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department:
• Someone followed a man to his home in the 3100 block of E Road around 3:30 a.m. Wednesday and tried to run him over. The incident is under investigation.