Blotter: November 11, 2008
Woman is assault suspect
• Patricia Michelle Mott, 28, 3261 1/2 Collyer Ave., No. 3, was arrested Sunday night on suspicion of second-degree assault and several related crimes after deputies from the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department contacted her at her home.
Mott was booked into Mesa County Jail later that night.
Dumpster body identified
• The Mesa County Coroner’s Office has identified 41-year-old Leon Wayne Harrington as the man who died last week in a Dumpster fire.
Harrington died of smoke and soot inhalation, the coroner’s office said.
Police found Harrington on Thursday morning in a burning trash bin near downtown.
Harrington’s death remains under investigation by the Grand Junction Police Department.
According to the Grand Junction Police Department:
• Marcos Jesus Adan-Lara, 22, 455 N. 24th St., was arrested early Monday morning on suspicion of theft after officers contacted him in the area of Ridges Boulevard and East Valley Circle. He was booked into Mesa County Jail.
• Christopher Michael Heinemann, 37, 2441 Bella Pago Drive, was arrested Sunday afternoon on suspicion of harassment after a woman accused him of repeatedly sending text messages to her. He was booked into Mesa County Jail.
• A thief stole more than $1,000 worth of items Sunday from a car parked in the 100 block of Hill Avenue.
According to the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department:
• A vandal repeatedly drove through the front yard of a house in the 2900 block of Hermosa Court on Sunday.
• A thief stole $640 worth of electronics from a home in the 100 block of Reta Drive sometime Sunday evening.