Blotter: November 11, 2008
Man suspected of assault
• A Rangley man is suspected of beating an employee at a bar Sunday morning and pushing a deputy, according to the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department.
Clinton Orin Forward, 24, was arrested on suspicion of third-degree assault and second-degree assault on a police officer outside of Cactus Canyon in Clifton.
Forward was accused of holding an employee of the bar down and hitting him in the face repeatedly when deputies arrived, according to an incident report.
When deputies tried to stop Forward, the report said Forward pushed one deputy to the ground.
According to the Grand Junction Police Department:
• A motorcycle valued at more than $1,000 was stolen Saturday from the parking lot at 3150 Lakeside Drive.
• A sexual assault Saturday in the west area of the city was reported.
• Tiffany Beck, 25, was issued a ticket Saturday alleging she shoplifted at 636 Market St.
• A thief broke into a house Saturday in the 1300 block of Elm Avenue and stole property valued at less than $500.
• A car valued at more than $1,000 was stolen Saturday from the 2100 block of North Avenue.
• Jimmy Banks, 41, was issued a ticket alleging he shoplifted Saturday at 601 N. First St.
• A thief used forged money Saturday at a business in the 2400 block of U.S. Highway 6&50.
• Johnathan Phelps, 22, was arrested Sunday on suspicion of obstructing government operations and criminal mischief.
According to the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department:
• A thief broke into a house Saturday in the 100 block of Peach Avenue in Palisade and stole $1,000.
• Kyle Duane Harvey, 22, Grand Junction, was arrested Saturday on suspicion of burglary, three counts of third-degree assault, menacing, false imprisonment and two counts of false imprisonment by force.
• Dustin Duane Robison, 30, Grand Junction, was arrested Saturday on suspicion of possession of a controlled substance and drug paraphernalia, driving without proof of insurance and a parole violation.
• Shauna Lynn Smith, 21, Grand Junction, was arrested Saturday on suspicion of possession of a controlled substance, marijuana charges and possession of drug paraphernalia.