Blotter: November 12, 2008
Vehicle stolen in Redlands
• A Whitewater man was arrested Monday after he allegedly stole a vehicle from the Redlands.
Preston Wade Stowe, 22, 5565 Grand Mesa View Drive, was booked into the Mesa County Jail on suspicion of second-degree auto theft and theft of less than $500 in connection with allegations he stole the vehicle from the 2300 block of Rattlesnake Court, according to police reports.
Stowe is being held on a $1,000 bond.
Charges pending in case
• EDWARDS — Authorities say charges are pending against a Wisconsin man who shot and killed a dog while hunting in the West Lake Creek area last week.
Lee Jensen will be charged with criminal mischief and recklessly discharging a firearm, the Eagle County Sheriff’s Department said Tuesday in a news release.
It said the incident occurred when Nathan Schroepfer was hiking up Lake Creek Trail with his roommate’s chocolate Lab Nov. 5. The dog was shot after veering off about 15 feet with a stick in its mouth. Jensen told authorities he shot the dog because he feared for his life.
According to the Grand Junction Police Department:
• Someone stole jewelry valued at more than $1,000 from the 600 block of Monarch Glen on Monday.
• A thief stole two bicycles from the area of 28 Road and Ridge Drive on Sunday.
• Someone stole a trailer valued at more than $1,000 from the 2400 block of U.S. Highway 6&50 on Friday.