Blotter: November 14, 2008
Drugs found in vehicle
• The Western Colorado Drug Task Force discovered more than 3 pounds of methamphetamine and more than 1 ounce of cocaine hidden in the dashboard of a car Thursday morning, the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department said.
Federico Gonzales-Pacheco, 48, of Aurora, was ticketed for driving without a valid license. A search of his vehicle turned up the drugs in a hidden compartment, officials said.
He was taken to the Mesa County Detention Facility on suspicion of drug-related charges and remains there with no bond.
Dead pilot identified
• Rescue volunteers on Thursday recovered the body of the pilot of a plane that crashed near Lake Josephine in the Holy Cross Wilderness, the Eagle County Sheriff’s Department said.
The Colorado Civil Air Patrol identified the pilot as 51-year-old Michael Loveless of Price, Utah. The Sheriff’s Department would not release the pilot’s name, but Colleen Loveless, of Price, told The Associated Press that Michael Loveless was her husband and was the pilot killed in the crash.
Search and recovery teams included the Vail Mountain Rescue Group and Western Eagle County Search and Rescue.
The pilot, flying solo, left Rocky Mountain Metro Airport in Jefferson County at
2:45 p.m. Tuesday. headed to Aspen. The last radar contact was at 3:30 p.m. Authorities reported the plane missing at 11:30 p.m. on Tuesday. The search began on Wednesday but was suspended because of poor weather.
According to the Grand Junction Police Department:
• A vandal damaged a car in the 200 block of North Avenue. Loss was estimated at $1,000.
• A thief broke into a property in the 2200 block of North 17th Street and took prescription medication valued at more than $1,000.
• A vandal caused more than $1,000 in damage to a car in the 1300 block of Elm Avenue.
• A thief stole items valued at more than $20,000 from a proprrty in the 400 block of North Ave.
• Someone fraudulently used a financial transaction device that belonged to someone else at 585 25 1/2 Road, causing a loss of less than $1,000.
• Fredrick Chihocky, 27, 1516 N. Seventh St., was arrested on suspicion of possessing drugs and drug paraphernalia.
According to the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department:
• Lance Eugene Ferguson, 29, a transient from Collbran, was arrested on suspicion of possessing drugs, criminal impersonation, obstructing an officer or fireman, resisting arrest, displaying fictitious plates and parole violation.
• Aaron Lionel Heaton, 19, a transient, was arrested on suspicion of possessing drugs and drug paraphernalia.
• Anthony Conrad Wolfe, 19, 5471 1/2 28 3/4 Orchard Ave., was arrested on suspicion of menacing.
• A harassment report was taken Wednesday from Flow Data Inc. where someone said an employee who had been fired was extremely upset, and that workers feared the person might return to the business. They were advised to call 911 if problems occurred.