Blotter: November 17, 2008
Homeless man rearrested
• Matthew Barry Hildebrandt, 43, homeless, was arrested Saturday morning on suspicion of theft, possession of a weapon by a previous offender and other offenses after officers contacted him in the 100 block of North First Street.
According to Mesa County Sheriff’s Department documents, Hildebrandt is suspected of violating the condition of his bail related to his Oct. 29 arrest on marijuana-related charges. He was booked into Mesa County Jail.
Driver accused of fleeing
• Daniel Contreras Hernandez, 26, 470 Cottonwood Lake Drive, was arrested Saturday afternoon on suspicion of vehicular eluding after troopers from the Colorado State Patrol contacted him at his home. Hernandez was booked into Mesa County Jail.
According to the Grand Junction Police Department:
• John Richard Shearwood Jr., 33, of Grand Junction was arrested Saturday morning in the 2600 block of South Broadway. Shearwood was named in two arrest warrants. He was booked Mesa County Jail.
• Christopher Lee Gribble, 23, 1208 Walnut Ave., No. 7, was arrested Saturday afternoon at his home. He was named in a warrant issued by Garfield County. He was booked into Mesa County Jail.
• Drew Wayne Murray, 20, 170 Honeysuckle Court, was arrested on suspicion of drug possession early Sunday morning after officers contacted him in the area of Horizon Drive and G Road. He was booked into Mesa County Jail.
According to the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department:
• Hector Ruben Villafana Nunez, 40, 713 Silver Plume Drive was arrested early Sunday morning on suspicion of illegal drug possession, misdemeanor assault and related offenses after deputies contacted him in the 3200 block of the Interstate 70 Business Loop. He was booked into Mesa County Jail.
• Someone stole a generator valued at $400 from a home in the 400 block of Countryside Lane Friday night or Saturday morning.