Blotter: November 20, 2008
Jury still out in assault trial
• Jury deliberations began Wednesday in a sexual assault case against Michael Ray Little, 42. Little is facing 12 charges stemming from an alleged sexual assault of a girl beginning in 2001.
Little confessed to sexually assaulting the girl, but Little’s lawyer told jurors his client was forced to confess by an interrogator.
The jury is scheduled to resume deliberations today.
Child porn alleged in arrest
• Leonard Robert Caltrider, 67, of Delta, was arrested on suspicion of possession of child pornography. Caltrider was released Wednesday to the U.S. Marshal’s office and was scheduled to appear in a preliminary hearing Friday in Denver, according to the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department.
According to the Grand Junction Police Department:
• Jennifer Lee McCracken, 27, of Delta, was arrested on suspicion of possession of a controlled substance, two warrants for probation violations, possession of a financial device, possession of an identification number, being a fugitive, theft of between $500 and $1,000 and possession of drug paraphernalia.
• Justin Morris, 20, was arrested on suspicion of criminal mischief, obstructing a peace officer and possessing alcohol as a minor.
• A vandal caused more than $1,000 in damage to a vehicle parked in the 100 block of Orchard Avenue.
• A vandal caused more than $1,000 in damage to property in the 2700 block of North Avenue.
• Someone pushed a utility trailer down an embankment in the 400 block of Ridgeway Drive, causing more than $1,000 in damage.
• A thief stole more than $1,000 in items from a business in the 1400 block of Cannell Avenue.
• A thief stole a vehicle in the 1700 block of Cannell Avenue and stole property valued at more than $1,000 from inside the vehicle. The vehicle was later found on Cannell Avenue without damage.
According to the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department:
• Deputies responded to a report that people were moving traffic cones and driving vehicles through a construction site on D Road. A 16-foot hole was in the road, creating the potential for injury and property damage, prompting someone to call authorities.
• A vandal keyed the passenger door of a vehicle parked in the 500 block of 29 Road, causing about $1,500 in damage.
• Someone stole a trailer valued at more than $4,500 from the parking lot of a garage in the 3200 block of F Road.