Blotter: November 21, 2008
Police seek vehicle vandal
• Mesa County Crime Stoppers is seeking the public’s help in locating a person who caused more than $1,000 in damages to a vehicle parked at a Grand Junction car lot earlier this month. Police said that between 10 p.m. and 11 p.m. Nov. 7, someone broke out a window and destroyed the interior of a vehicle parked at Dan’s Auto Sales, 261 North Ave.
Anyone with information is encouraged to text message or call in to the anonymous tip line at 241-7867, 800-221-7867 or by dialing 274637 and texting TIP729. Tips can also be entered at the Web site http://www.241STOP.com.
According to the Grand Junction Police Department:
• Anthony Johnson, 23, received a summons for allegedly stealing items from Sally’s Beauty Supply, 2889 North Ave.
• Someone entered a business in the 700 block of Horizon Drive and damaged items valued at more than $1,000 and took items valued at less than $1,000.
• A counterfeit bill was passed at a business in the 1500 block of U.S. Highway 50.
• Steve Maros, 48, received a summons for allegedly shoplifting at a business in the 200 block of Grand Avenue.
• A thief took a laptop computer valued at more than $1,000 from a business in the 2800 block of North Avenue.
• A vandal caused damages of more than $1,000 to a building on Patterson Road.
According to the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department:
• Martha Rosario Gonzales, 28, 2969 1/2 Eastwood St., was arrested and booked into Mesa County Jail on suspicion of felony drug possession, drug distribution and a petty offense of possession of marijuana.
• Charles Edward Tallerico, 41, 2988 Globe Willow Ave., was arrested and booked into Mesa County Jail on suspicion of felony second-degree burglary of a dwelling and misdemeanor charges of menacing, assault, child abuse, criminal attempt and harassment.