Blotter: November 24, 2008
Female driver arrested
• Connie Marie Benson, 46, was arrested on suspicion of two counts of vehicular assault, driving under the influence, driving under the influence per se and reckless driving after a Colorado State Patrol trooper pulled Benson over near her residence in the 500 block of 28 1/2 Road, the patrol said.
Man held on warrant
• Manuel Zavala-Gomez, 39, was arrested at 159 Main St. on a no-bond immigration warrant and on suspicion of causing less than $1,000 in damage to a vehicle, according to the Grand Junction Police Department.
According to the Grand Junction Police Department:
• Guy Arthur Rowe, 45, was arrested on suspicion of possession of a controlled substance and possession of drug paraphernalia.
• Raymond Garcia, 46, was arrested on suspicion of disorderly conduct and attempted burglary.
• A thief entered a vehicle parked in the 1600 block of North Eighth Street and stole items valued at more than $1,000.
According to the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department:
• Guillermo Quevado Zuniga, 31, was arrested on suspicion of possession of a forged document.
• A vandal threw a brick through the windshield of a vehicle parked in the 500 block of Sara Lane, causing an estimated $400 damage
• A thief broke a window of one vehicle and stole a wallet from a separate vehicle parked in the 500 block of 29 1/4 Road. Damage to the first vehicle and contents of the wallet taken from the second vehicle were valued at a combined $660.
• Deputies responded to a request for extra patrol at Thunder Mountain Elementary School after they received a report that juveniles were playing on the roof and possibly vandalizing the school.
• A vandal threw eggs, toilet paper and mustard on vehicles and at a home in the 500 block of 31 1/2 Road.