Blotter: November 30, 2008
Motel reports $1,000 theft
• Someone apparently took more than the towels and soap after a local motel reported losses of more than $1,000 from a motel room, according to the Grand Junction Police Department. There was no sign of a forced entry at the motel room at 708 Horizon Drive, police said.
Four nabbed at DUI check
• A drunken-driving checkpoint conducted by law enforcement on Friday night resulted in four arrests for drunken-driving infractions, according to the Colorado State Patrol. The checkpoint was conducted at the intersection of F and 30 roads.
In addition to the arrests, officers cited two juveniles for alcohol possession, two people were cited for allegedly possessing drugs and seven people received citations for driving with a suspended license.
According to the Grand Junction Police Department:
• Items valued at less than $100 were taken from a home in the 1000 block of Lakeside Court.
• Everett Wood, 49, was arrested and booked into Mesa County Jail on suspicion of fighting with a person, attempting to dispose of a weapon and providing false information to a police officer.
• Damages estimated at $1,200 were caused to a sign at Redstone Veterinary.
• Property valued at more than $1,000 was taken from a vehicle parked in the 2600 block of North Avenue.
• A 15-year-old boy received a summons alleging he took items from a store at 2424 U.S. Highway 6&50 and gave police a false name.
According to the Mesa County Sheriff’s Office:
• Deputies were called to the area of Applewood Estates on suspicion of someone tampering with a cable utility device.