Blotter, Oct. 29, 2012

Fire burns attic residence of 4 people

Four adults were temporarily displaced Sunday morning after an electrical short sparked a fire in the attic of the 1930 Palmer St. home in which the four resided.

Residents reported smoke coming from the ceiling in a back room shortly after 6:30 a.m. Sunday. The Grand Junction Fire Department responded with 17 personnel, two ladder tracks, two engines, a command vehicle and an ambulance. The fire was controlled by 7 a.m. and was contained to part of the attic in the back portion of the residence.

No one was injured in the fire. Its cause has been determined to be accidental.

 

According to the Grand Junction Police Department:

■ A possible auto theft is being investigated after a known person took a vehicle Friday from a residence in the 1100 block of Bookcliff Avenue, causing a loss of more than $1,000.

■ Someone unlawfully entered a residence Friday in the 1900 block of Ouray Avenue and removed items valued at less than $1,000.


COMMENTS

Commenting is not available in this channel entry.


TOP JOBS
Search More Jobs





THE DAILY SENTINEL
734 S. Seventh St.
Grand Junction, CO 81501
970-242-5050; M-F 8:00 - 5:00
Editions
Subscribe to print edition
E-edition
Advertisers
Advertiser Tearsheet
Information

© 2015 Grand Junction Media, Inc.
By using this site you agree to the Visitor Agreement and the Privacy Policy