Blotter: October 02, 2008
Woman held on warrants
• Conception Osuna-Mirajes, 43, was being held on suspicion of an immigration violation Wednesday after she was arrested Tuesday on several warrants, according to the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department.
Osuna-Mirajes was wanted on suspicion of forgery, identity theft and criminal impersonation.
Brawl suspect arrested
• Juan Castulo Zubiate, 25, was arrested on suspicion of second-degree assault, disorderly conduct, obstruction of an officer and third-degree assault after a late-night fight at Whiskey River, 490 28 1/4 Road, according to the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department.
Cigarette burglar at large
• Crime Stoppers is asking for the help identifying a man suspected of stealing cigarettes from seven local convenience stores. The man smashed a glass door to enter the stores, according to the Grand Junction Police Department. The suspect is white, about 6 feet tall and weighs about 175 pounds. Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 241-7867 or 800-221-7867.
According to the Grand Junction Police Department:
• Someone paid for more than $1,000 in items at a local business with a bad check.
• Someone stole property valued at less than $1,000 from a home in the 500 block of Heidel Street.
• Someone stole a wallet from a locked car near the 600 block of 27 1/2 Road. The wallet had credit cards, which were used in an attempt to buy groceries.
According to the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department:
• Nearly $1,200 in stereo equipment was stolen from a car in the 600 block of Peony Drive.
• Deputies were dispatched to the 100 block of Donaldson Road after a man was seen selling what appeared to be new generators, pumps and pressure washers for a low cost. The man was in a black truck.
• Someone stole 250 gallons of diesel fuel valued at $960 from a farm in the 1800 block of Nine Road.