Blotter: October 05, 2008
Hole shot in window
• Residents reported someone shot a hole in a window at a home in the 2100 block of Granite Court between Sept. 26 and Sept. 30, according to Mesa County Sheriff’s Department deputies. Damage was estimated to be less than $500.
‘Very cold’ man OK
• A passerby Friday spotted a man lying along the Gunnison River at Bridgeport Road who appeared to be “very cold,” according to the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department. Responding deputies found the man had rescued himself after flipping in a kayak in the river. He was not injured and was given a ride out of the area.
According to the Grand Junction Police Department:
• A thief broke into a home in the 1100 block of Bookcliff Avenue and took items valued under $1,000 and caused damage of less than $1,000.
• A burglar broke into a business at 1125 Pitkin Ave. and took items valued more than $1,000.
• A burglar broke into a business at 2412 F Road and removed less than $500 in items.
• A burglar broke into a home at 2680 B 1/2 Road and caused less than $500 in damage.
• A burglar broke into a garage at 281 Gill Creek Court and took items valued at less than $500.
• A burglar broke into a home at 1015 Grand Ave. and took property valued at less than $1,000.
• Steven Little, 37, was issued a summons on suspicion of abusing toxic vapors.
• A burglar broke into a car in the 700 block of Texas Avenue and stole items valued at more than $1,000.
• A vandal caused more than $1,000 in damage to property at 811 North Ave.
• Austin Walck, 31, was arrested on suspicion of driving with fictitious plates, no vehicle insurance and habitual traffic offenses. His passenger, Destinie Baker, 21, was arrested on suspicion of drug use.
• Rachelle Nye, 21, was arrested on suspicion of disorderly conduct and drug possession after a fight at Quincy Bar. There was also an outstanding warrant for her for shoplifting.
• A thief stole a car valued at $1,000 from a parking lot at 2996 Teller Court.
According to the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department:
• Tommy Hilio Sanchez, 36, 925 Unaweep, was arrested on suspicion of possessing drugs and drug paraphernalia.
• Katy Lee Christian, 22, of Rangely, was arrested on suspicion of trespassing, a probation violation and drug possession.
• Amanda Elizabeth Havens, 26, 349 Fourth St. in Clifton, was arrested on suspicion of possessing drugs and drug paraphernalia.
• Jason Lee Huckelberry, 27, 2978 Walnut Ave., was arrested on suspicion of drug possession and violating a protection order.
• A thief stole merchandise worth $655 from a store in the 3200 block of the Interstate 70 Business Loop and did about $210 of damage to other items between Sunday night and Friday morning.
• Deputies discovered an abandoned black Toyota Tacoma pickup on W 1/2 Road, one mile east of 45 1/2 Road. The truck was reported stolen out of Parachute. The Parachute Police Department was contacted.