Blotter: October 08, 2008
Motorcycle rider booked
• Jason Allen Russell, 29, 2840 Hall Ave., was arrested early Tuesday on suspicion of stealing a motorcycle after deputies with the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department contacted him near the intersection of Gunnison Avenue and Bluebird Street.
According to a Sheriff’s Department report, deputies pulled Russell over on suspicion of several traffic offenses and then discovered he was riding a vehicle reported stolen.
Russell was booked into the Mesa County Jail .
Man accused of menacing
• Jimmy David Bingham, 48, 603 Irwin St., was arrested early Tuesday on suspicion of felony menacing after officers with the Grand Junction Police Department contacted him in the 300 block of Sorrel Street.
Bingham was booked into Mesa County Jail.
According to the Grand Junction Police Department:
• Someone assaulted a victim Monday morning in the 2800 block of North Avenue.
• Someone stole a 2005 Toyota Corolla valued at more than $1,000 from Bubs Field, 715 Horizon Drive, Sunday afternoon.
According to the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department:
• Jeremy Leek Benfield, 534 Rosevale Road, was arrested Monday night after deputies contacted him at his home and learned he had been named in an arrest warrant. He was booked into Mesa County Jail early Tuesday morning.
• Someone vandalized an apartment building in the 3200 block of East Rood Circle, causing $100 in damage Sunday night or Monday morning.