Blotter: October 09, 2008
Kidnap hearing delayed
• A preliminary hearing was postponed Wednesday for Michael Shannon Byerrum, 40, of Grand Junction. Byerrum is accused of kidnapping a 9-year-old girl by placing her in the trunk of his car.
Investigators have to redraw Byerrum’s blood after it was not saved correctly.
He returns to court Oct. 17 for a preliminary hearing.
Man cleared of sex assault
• A Fruitvale man accused of sexually assaulting a teenage girl who lived at his home in 2006 was found not guilty on 10 counts of sex assault.
Giavoni Orion Donatelli, 34, was found not guilty Friday after a five-day jury trial, which started Sept. 29.
Donatelli was arrested in March on allegations he offered a 16-year-old girl alcohol and sexually assaulted her multiple times during a seven-month period.
Donatelli also was found not guilty of sexually assaulting a 21-year-old woman who had been at Donatelli’s home.
Cops seeking arsonist
• Crime Stoppers is asking for public help in finding the person or people who started a fire Oct. 4 at 531 Purple Ash Circle in Clifton.
The house was finished but not yet occupied when the arson fire was lit, causing an estimated $75,000 in damage.
The fire was started at about 4 p.m. Oct. 4.
Anyone with information about this crime can anonymously contact Crime Stoppers at 241-7867 or 800-221-7867.
According to the Grand Junction Police Department:
• Someone stole a cement mixer in the 200 block of Meadow Point Drive. The mixer is valued at more than $1,000.
• Someone stole a credit card and fuel from a person, causing a loss of more than $1,000.
• People damaged the interior of a home in the 2800 block of Picardy Drive, causing more than $1,000 in damage. The people then burned property and illegally entered a vehicle on scene.