Blotter: October 14, 2008
Suspects chased, arrested
• Three men suspected of burglarizing a business Sunday in Glenwood Springs led sheriff’s deputies on a foot chase before being arrested, according to the Garfield County Sheriff’s Department.
Deputies chased the men from the business when one suspect climbed an 8-foot-high barbed wire fence near a trailer park and injured himself, according to reports.
Another man was arrested at his home later after he resisted the deputies.
According to the Grand Junction Police Department:
• Someone broke into a car Thursday in the 700 block of North Valley Drive and stole items valued at more than $1,000.
• Merton Fisher, 39, was issued a ticket Friday alleging prohibited use of a weapon.
• Wyhed Joseph Nagib, 20, was issued a ticket Saturday alleging that he shoplifted and resisted arrest.
According to the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department:
• Deputies were investigating a possible fraud Sunday of a handyman who was paid for work that was not done.
According to the Garfield County Sheriff’s Department:
• Someone stole a truck Sunday in Rifle.
• Four people were involved in a theft Saturday in Battlement Mesa.
• A Harley-Davidson motorcycle was stolen Saturday in Rifle.
• The Sheriff’s Department is investigating a suspicious structure fire in Carbondale that happened Sunday.