Blotter: October 17, 2008
• A Grand Junction woman pleaded guilty Thursday to having sex with a 14-year-old boy while the child’s mother was in the hospital.
Theresa Millon, 31, pleaded guilty to sexual assault on a child and will be sentenced in December.
Two face drug charges
• Eagle County sheriff’s deputies arrested Joseph Anthony Lorenzetti, 24, of Minturn, on suspicion of possessing psilocybin mushrooms — a Class 4 felony — on Thursday. Deputies also issued a summons to Paul Jonas Bowman, 23, of Minturn on suspicion of possessing drug paraphernalia and less than one ounce of marijuana, both petty offenses.
Detectives reported they confiscated approximately 65 gross grams of psilocybin mushrooms, drugs and drug paraphernalia from the residence at 245 Pine St. The Eagle County Drug Task Force received information from citizens that drugs were being consumed at the home.
Lorenzetti was released on a $7,500 bond. Bowman will appear in court in lieu of arrest because of crowding at the Eagle County Detention Facility.
According to the Grand Junction Police Department:
• A thief stole items valued at more than $1,000 while at Wal-Mart, 2881 North Ave.
• Breanne Arabie, 18, and Preston Jones, 20, were issued summonses on suspicion of shoplifting at 2881 North Ave.
• A girl was arrested on suspicion of third-degree assault against another girl at 1400 N. Fifth St.
• A 17-year-old boy was charged with theft after being accused of stealing more than $1,000 from a business at 2424 U.S. Highway 6&50.
• A thief stole an unlocked car from the 100 block of Hall Avenue. The car was later recovered with several items stolen from it.
According to the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department:
• Heather Dea Herrera, 35, a transient, was arrested on suspicion of possessing drug paraphernalia, possible previous weapon offense, and a warrant.
• Charlotte Marie Paxton, 36, 1720 P Road in Loma, was arrested on suspicion of possessing drugs and drug paraphernalia, no proof of insurance and lane use violation.
• A person in the 2900 block of Orchard Avenue reported that during the past two months, the antenna and hubcaps have been taken off the person’s car.
• A thief stole a camera valued at $240 from an unlocked car in the 2900 block of D 1/4 Road.
• Two men tried to steal a bulldog in the 3000 block of E 1/4 Road. The reporting party said the suspects ran in the direction of a white truck.
• Deputies were dispatched to a report of a fight involving 10 to 15 people in the 3200 block of the Interstate 70 Business Loop. One suspect was issued a summons on suspicion of third-degree assault.
• Charlotte Paxton, of Fruita, was arrested on suspicion of possessing methamphetamine and related paraphernalia.
• A vandal broke the driver side of the front window of a car in the 500 block of 29 1/2 Road by throwing a spark plug at the window.