Blotter: October 19, 2008
Parking lot shot reported
• Witnesses said a Hispanic man shot at a man about 1:30 a.m. Saturday in the parking lot of Los Jilbertos, 2812 North Ave., but that no one was injured, police said.
Two vehicles parked at the restaurant were struck with baseball bats and shot at, with damage estimated to be more than $1,000, according to the Grand Junction Police Department. Investigators are seeking suspects and victims and attempting to determine a motive, Sgt. Dave Stassen said.
Stassen said the incident does not appear to have been gang-related and restaurant workers reported it to police hours later.
According to the Grand Junction Police Department:
• Someone passed bad checks totaling more than $6,500 at a business in the 400 block of White Ave.
• Items valued at $500 were stolen from a vehicle in the 700 block of Niblic Drive.
According to the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department:
• Items valued at $100 were taken from a cabin in Calamity Basin after someone broke in and caused $300 in damage.
• Jessica Joy Gaither, 26, 452 Mesa Lakes St., was arrested and booked into Mesa County Jail on suspicion of second-degree assault.