Blotter: October 22, 2008
• A vandal caused damage valued at $5,000 Sunday night or Monday morning to several exterior walls at Crossroads United Methodist Church, 599 30 Road, using spray paint.
The vandals sprayed “Satanic symbols” on the walls, according to the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department.
The case remains under investigation.
Man accused of menacing
• Jack Bruce Cheskaty, 63, 1917 Broadway, was arrested Monday night on suspicion of felony menacing after officers with the Grand Junction Police Department contacted him in the 600 block of Ute Avenue.
Cheskaty was booked into Mesa County Jail later that night.
According to the Grand Junction Police Department:
• Meriah Leigh Gonzales, 18, 1724 Rood Ave., was arrested Monday morning on suspicion of assault after officers contacted her at St. Mary’s Hospital. She was booked into Mesa County Jail later that day.
• Cody Allan Johnson, 21, 1724 Rood Ave., was arrested Monday morning on suspicion of false imprisonment and harassment after officers contacted him at his home. He was booked into Mesa County Jail later that day.
• Cassandra Anstaett, 18, and Leviathan Tice, 18, were issued summonses Saturday night on suspicion that they had a disorderly house in the 2600 block of B 1/2 Road.
According to the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department:
• A vandal caused damage valued at $1,000 to a car parked in the 2900 block of Orchard Avenue sometime Monday night.
• A vandal caused damages valued at $500 to a car parked in the 400 block of 32 Road sometime Monday evening.
• Someone caused damages valued at $500 to an RV trailer parked in the 2500 block of River Road sometime Monday.