Blotter: October 24, 2008
Liquor taken in break-in
• Stealing alcohol was the apparent motive for burglars who smashed the front window of a business along the 2800 block of North Avenue, according to the Grand Junction Police Department. Damage to the building and the value of the two bottles of liquor that were stolen were estimated at less than $1,000.
According to the Grand Junction Police Department:
• Items valued at more than $1,000 were taken from the bed of a pickup parked in the 2500 block of U.S. Highway 6&50.
• Damage estimated at more than $1,000 was caused to a vehicle in the 2400 block of U.S. Highway 6&50.
• A juvenile received a summons that alleged disorderly conduct by fighting in public at 540 29 1/2 Road.
• More than $500 in cash was stolen from a building in the 400 block of Ridgway Drive.
• Brandon Madsen, 19, received a summons alleging that he possessed drug paraphernalia at 1140 Texas Ave.
• Robert Vance Hays, 19, 230 Santa Clara Drive, was booked into Mesa County Jail on suspicion of three counts of drug distribution and second-degree trespassing.
• Savannah Joy Wilcox, 21, 3284 F Road, was booked into Mesa County Jail on suspicion of being a fugitive of another jurisdiction, criminal impersonation, possession of drug paraphernalia and resisting arrest.
According to the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department:
• Deputies took a report that workers on a new subdivision in the 4700 block of S 1/2 Road drove across private property. The construction company was called and workers were told not to drive there.
• Two people attempted to open the front door of a home in the 500 block of Sycamore Drive, but were scared away after realizing the home was occupied.
• James Dustin Grissom, 25, 2289 Rowsey School Road, Bethel Springs, was booked into Mesa County Jail on suspicion of tampering with evidence, two counts of first-degree introduction of contraband, drug possession an driving under the influence of drugs.