Blotter: October 26, 2008
Weapons violations alleged
• Two men were arrested Friday in connection with weapons violations, according to the Grand Junction Police Department.
Dennis Wilson, 22, was arrested on suspicion of aggravated assault after he shot another man with a BB gun.
Robert Kraus, 24, was arrested on suspicion of menacing after he pointed a gun at a woman, causing her to fear for her safety.
According to the Grand Junction Police Department:
• Less than $1,000 was charged Wednesday on a stolen credit card at 2545 Rimrock Ave.
• John Edwards, 25, was arrested Friday on suspicion of failing to register as a sex offender.
• A vandal caused more than $1,000 in damage Friday to a vehicle in the 100 block of Mesa Avenue.
• A thief stole a debit card number Friday and charged less than $500 to the card.
• Property valued at more than $1,000 was stolen Friday from the 700 block of Valley Court.
• A vehicle was vandalized Friday in the 600 block of Grand Avenue, causing more than $1,000 in damage.
• A thief forced open a storage container Friday in the 2600 block of U.S. Highway 50 and stole merchandise valued at less than $500.
According to the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department:
• A vandal caused more than $1,000 in damage to a chain link fence Friday in the 600 block of Railroad Avenue and possibly stole propane tanks.