Blotter: October 31, 2008
Stolen truck found crashed
• The Colorado State Patrol received word of a rollover accident shortly after 6:30 a.m. Monday on the De Beque cutoff, 45.5 Road, a couple miles from Colorado Highway 65.
But when troopers arrived they found a stolen truck that had become separated from its trailer in the accident, according to the state patrol. The truck and trailer were abandoned after the accident and troopers could not locate any accident victims.
The pickup was reported stolen Wednesday out of the Clifton area.
According to the Grand Junction Police Department:
• A car was stolen Wednesday from the 200 block of East Parkview Circle.
• Ricardo Ernandes, 20, Porfirio Gomez, 25, and Ignacio Pantoja-Riverta, 23, were issued tickets on suspicion of shoplifting.
• A woman allegedly sexually assaulted a child while in a position of trust Wednesday in the northwest part of the city. Police are investigating the case.
• Kelly Derrel Smith, 28, Clifton, was arrested Wednesday on suspicion of criminal impersonation and being a habitual driving offender.
According to the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department:
• Julie Arlene Skelly, 34, Grand Junction, was arrested Wednesday on suspicion of possession of a controlled substance, possession of drug paraphernalia and on an outstanding warrant.
According to the Garfield County Sheriff’s Department:
• A mobile home at the Cottonwood mobile home park was broken into Wednesday.
• Someone broke into a storage trailer Wednesday in Glenwood Springs, but nothing was stolen.