Blotter: Octpber 10, 2008
Woman found dead in park
• A woman in her 30s was found dead Thursday morning on a bench in Emerson Park, according to the Grand Junction Police Department.
Around 5 a.m., someone in the park flagged down sheriff’s deputies after discovering the body.
Police have not found any indication that the death was suspicious.
Political signs are stolen
• Several political signs have been stolen or vandalized around Grand Junction during this month, according to the Grand Junction Police Department.
Three signs that cost $200 each for the Citizens for a Safer Grand Junction were stolen in the last week.
Since the beginning of the month, police have received three other reports of stolen political signs, and several have been damaged around town.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Crime Stoppers at 241-7867.
According to the Grand Junction Police Department:
• A burglar broke into a home Oct. 2 and stole photographs from the residence.
• A bike was stolen Tuesday from the 2700 block of Laguna Drive.
• James Harris, 20, was ticketed Tuesday on suspicion of vandalism.
• Three children were allegedly sexually assaulted Wednesday. Police are investigating.
• A thief used a financial device Wednesday to steal more than $1,000 from various places around Grand Junction.
According to the Garfield County Sheriff’s Department:
• A car was on fire Wednesday near the Roan Creek area.
• A thief stole $53.85 Wednesday from a home for at-risk adults outside of Glenwood Springs.
• A vehicle was damaged Tuesday in the Battlement Mesa area causing $500 in damage.
• A vandal slashed four tires on a car Tuesday in Carbondale.
• A credit card was used Tuesday to make fraudulent purchases in New Castle.
• A woman was assaulted Tuesday outside of Rifle.