Blotter, Sept. 2, 2012
Man allegedly attacks two women
Glenwood police jailed a New Mexico man for allegedly sexually assaulting two women in two separate incidents on Friday.
Gabriel Manygoats, 32, of Bloomfield, N.M., was taken to Garfield County Jail on suspicion of unlawful sexual conduct, criminal attempt to commit a felony, menacing, two counts of false imprisonment and two counts of harassment.
According to police reports, Manygoats allegedly attacked two women but let them go. He was apprehended by police later in the day.
According to the Grand Junction Police Department:
• Zackary Johnson, 37, was issued a summons Wednesday on suspicion of shoplifting less than $100 in merchandise from City Market, 200 Rood Ave.
• Richard Williams, 21, was issued a summons Thursday on suspicion of assault causing pain and injury in the 500 block of North 27th Street.
• Someone committed first-degree arson Friday in the 1100 block of Main Street by setting a large piece of carpet on fire with an unknown accelerant.
• Zachary Norvell, 21, was issued a summons Friday on suspicion of possession of drug paraphernalia.
• Jason Moran, 32, was issued a summons Friday on suspicion of harassing his neighbor in the 1900 block of Barcelona Way.