Blotter: Sept. 02, 2009
Jailed after hospital stay
• Clifford Guill, 44, was arrested and booked into Mesa County Jail on Tuesday after his release from St. Mary’s Hospital, according to the Grand Junction Police Department.
Guill was arrested on suspicion of first-degree assault, four counts of felony menacing and prohibited use of a weapon related to an Aug. 19 incident on the Redlands.
Police say Guill crashed his sport utility vehicle in a ravine near the intersection of Broadway and Redlands Parkway, ending a police pursuit.
Before that, according to Guill’s arrest affidavit, police were called to a residence in the Ridges subdivision where Guill threatened a woman with a gun and threatened to commit suicide.
Guill then went to another residence and threatened and assaulted the boyfriend of his ex-girlfriend, the affidavit said.
Damage to Art Center
• The Art Center, 1803 N. Seventh St., was damaged overnight Sunday, according to the Grand Junction Police Department.
The center found less than $1,000 worth of damage to the building’s doors on Monday morning. It appears a burlgar tried to break into the building.
Police do not know who caused the damage. Anyone with information can call Crime
Stoppers anonymously at 241-STOP.
According to the Grand Junction Police Department:
• A lock and a wallet were stolen Monday from a locker at Mesa State College.
• A building at 702 23 1/10 Road was vandalized Monday. Damage was estimated at less than $500.
• A car was taken from 1227 North 23rd St. without the owner’s knowledge Monday.
According to the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department:
• Kellie Sturgis, 31, was cited on suspicion of one count of third-degree assault and three counts of physical harassment Saturday and was taken to Community Hospital for an alcohol hold and treatment of a facial wound after deputies responded to a call about a fight at 424 32 Road.
• A woman reported a man leaned in front of her while she sat in her car Monday afternoon at 2923 North Ave., made a “terrible face” and screamed “AAAHHHHH!!!!,” according to a report taken by deputies.
There is no other suspect information.