Blotter: Sept. 04, 2009
$50K damage in home fire
• A fire in a mobile home in Montrose caused an estimated $50,000 damage Wednesday, according to the Montrose Fire Department.
The fire was reported just after 11 a.m. at 66100 Landfill Road. Firefighters found smoke coming from three sides of the home and fire in the center of the home.
Officials said the fire appeared to have started in a storage area in an addition onto the home.
The cause hasn’t been determined.
Drugs alleged in arrest
• Two people were arrested early Thursday morning on felony drug charges at a Grand Junction motel, Grand Junction police said.
Danny Henson, 47, and Shiloh Marie Roberts, 29, were arrested just after midnight at Monument Inn, 1600 North Ave.
Both were jailed on suspicion of possession of a controlled substance, unlawful use of a controlled substance, being a special drug offender and possession of drug paraphernalia.
Roberts, who had two warrants out for her arrest for failing to appear in court, could face additional charges of possession of a weapon by a previous offender and violating her parole.
According to the Grand Junction Police Department:
• David Brent Morehead, 37, homeless, was arrested Wednesday in the 400 block of Power Road on suspicion of second-degree assault on a peace officer, obstructing a peace officer, criminal mischief, disorderly conduct and third-degree criminal trespass.
• Gerald Dean Robicheaux, 38, homeless, was arrested Wednesday in the 400 block of Power Road on suspicion of second-degree burglary, theft of less than $500, criminal mischief, third-degree criminal trespass and disorderly conduct.
According to the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department:
• Seth Anthony Shroder, 20, 340 Belford Ave., was arrested early Thursday morning in the area of 33 and E 1/2 roads on suspicion of vehicular eluding, reckless driving and driving under the influence.